✨ Start Here
Building Your Lifeline on Inbound
Breaking into Strategic Accounts
1. You Will Not Only Use Social to Succeed
In case it hasn’t been clear, social for strategic accounts is a starting point for your enterprise prospecting plan.
Not all executives, champions, or stakeholders are active on LinkedIn. Many of them will be Tier 3 profiles that are only nurtured using the inbound plays. You need to leverage other channels.
However, keep this in mind:
- If you’re using social to conduct account research to learn more about pains and problems in the industry or for the persona…
- Or you’re using social to route bottom-up into the account and learn more about the timing + triggers at the account…
You can take these insights to other channels, particularly email and phone.
2. Build Email Outreach Using Context
This email simply isn’t possible with generic cold outreach.
- You learned about the transformation strategy from a dynamic prospecting alert from Google Alerts where the executive talked about their new “Quantum” digital transformation strategy as a top priority
- You learned there’s a workflow problem from DM’ing with Matt, who you identified as a Tier 2 lead on LinkedIn. You kickstarted the conversation by shooting him a DM, linking a useful blog article you found after seeing a comment he dropped on an influencer. And then you just had a great convo about the state of the industry and what’s going on inside his company.
- You identified the right executive from Sales Nav lead lists.
Is this possible with every account on your account list? No. It’s fantasy to imagine social as a silver bullet for context- and insight-driven prospecting. But it can be incredibly powerful for the key accounts that make sense.
3. Craft Phone Outreach Using Context
No need to bullet point each of the specifics again. This kind of opener simply isn’t possible without the kind of research and insight that social provides.
Keep using other channels as leverage points from the kinds of information you have gleaned from social!