✨ Start Here
Building Your Lifeline on Inbound
Breaking into Strategic Accounts
1. Why Them? Why Now?
Build your target account lists and lead lists by:
- Creating a “Qualified TAM” account list that meets base-level qualification metrics like headcount, growth, location, industry, etc.
- Prioritizing the account list using triggers that answer “why should I reach out to them now vs. 60 days from now?” These triggers are related to an unforeseen problem or opportunity that you can see, but your prospect can’t.
- Adding more niche account lists based on your prioritization
2. Who’s Active?
Find and prioritize active leads at each of your accounts.
- First use Sales Navigator filters to find those actively sharing and posting content. Create a lead list if desired.
- Then over time, find other leads at the account who are actively commenting or liking content. Create a lead list if desired.
3. Warm Up Accounts in the Comments
Use social listening to find posts talking about relevant topics. Find influencers who post content that attract your ICP.
- Comment on the original post, especially if it’s from an active ICP
- Respond to comments from active ICP leads who have already dropped a comment – continue the conversation!
- Fulfill the Rule of 3: have 3 back-and-forth conversations before sending a connection request
4. Build Curiosity in Connection Requests & DMs
Depending upon level of intent, different circumstances call for different actions.
- Send blank connection requests to build your network with 2nd degree connections
- Send personalized connection requests to continue the conversation from the comments or an event
- Send spears or highly personalized cold outreach to prompt an immediate conversation
- Use curiosity openers to kickstart or restart a conversation in the DMs
- Use profile views as intent data to kickstart a conversation depending upon the source
- Run discovery in the DMs while obeying the Vampire Sales Rule