✨ Start Here
Building Your Lifeline on Inbound
Breaking into Strategic Accounts
You’ve made it. You’re at the end. 😅
Here’s our short-hand framework to remember a summary of what we covered. It’s called PROACTIVE.
- Profile. Your profile is the starting point for everything. It’s your credibility calling card. All of your social activity drives back to your profile. Make sure it passes the 3-second test, has featured links, and tells a story in your About section.
- Research. Use social listening and comments sections to identify the primary pains and problems of your ICP persona. Use those tools plus Sales Navigator and other data tools to create account and ICP lead lists.
- Observation. What is the observation (based in data or industry context) that prompted you to consider the account a qualified target? This is how you create your Qualified TAM list.
- Audience. Your audience is the total aggregate of all the leads at all of the accounts you are trying to target. No need to get distracted by content creation or personal branding: your job is to nurture, warm-up, and educate this audience.
- Content. Create content as a 1-to-many nurture sequence based on validated pains and problems you have discovered through your research. Use content to reach lurker accounts and prompt targeted inbound leads.
- Triggers. As you move into direct outreach, use triggers to identify hot leads and answer “why now” vs. 60 days from now. You will likely use multiple triggers for different accounts, leads, or ICP personas.
- Insights. What are the things your prospect needs to know about the problem they’re experiencing? This insight is related to your value proposition and will be infused in your messaging. Use these insights in your comments and DMs.
- Validation. Use comments, connection requests, conversations in the DMs, and spears to validate your assumptions about your audience. Everything up to this point is just “theory.” Test it in-market using the outbound and inbound plays to learn what works for your specific audience.
- Enable. Enable your buyers to buy easily. Don’t force the discovery call. Keep the conversation casual. Obey Vampire Sales.
Looking for team training? Alignd, our consulting arm, offers interactive workshops that trains sales teams on social prospecting. Click here to learn more.